I was trying to come up with an awesome birthday present for a friend. I was failing not able to think of a single thing. All of a sudden inspiration hit! And boy did it ever.......
Stuffed tentacle monster!
Now what if that tentacle monster had a pocket, even better right?
And what if the Tentacle monster was a backpack that could ride around on your back?
Pretty awesome right. Now I want one too. Along with the inspiration came a frenzy of energy to create. So that's what I have been doing. I want one too so I made mine first, got to get the design right before I can make one to give away. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.)
The first tentacle monster turned out well, all be it a little under stuffed. I named him Sir Galahad Tentaclies (Gally or Tentaclies for short, I switch back and forth between the two nicknames)
He is so awesome, that I know that more people will want these.
So I decided that I am going to start manufacturing them for sale. I'm not sure how I am going to go about this quite yet but I figure I will start getting a stock going and then maybe sell them at my local conventions next year then maybe think of branching out and making an online store or something.
I think I am also going to start making other things to sell like furry leg warmers, and ears and tails maybe fuzzy dice bags. We will see.
In the flurry of creative inspired energy I went through all my fabric and stuff to see what I can make just from what I already have and like most people who sew, I have quite a stock of fabric hoarded. This will be just the perfect thing to use up some of that stock.
After I finished Gally. I then made the Present that inspired this whole venture
Happy Birthday Jordan!
These things are so much fun I keep finding them posed all over the house. (Sometimes I'm the culprit too)
I've decided to call my textiles art Samalander Creations. I'm working on Business cards to give out at conventions and what not. and a logo to make tags for stuff I've been going over material costs as a bunch of the stuff I had still had price tags on them. I took a type of fabric and cut out all I could from it then recorded it down and the price of the fabric, I think I've come up with a reasonable price for them. It's seeming like each monster takes about 12 hours of straight work. Of course I've been splitting that up though out the weeks and in my "spare time" working on them. I'm getting about one done a week so far.
thanks for reading